2015 Events in Riverhead New York
The U-pick field is open 7 days a week from May 2nd-May 24th. Check the bloom report to make sure the fields are in bloom before planning your trip.
TulipManian is not to be missed! Spanning 4 weeks, our organic u-pick garden, the only one of its kind in the U.S. will feature 30,000 bee-friendly tulips to pick ($1/stem) or simply enjoy while picnicking with friends and family.
Located at The Garden of Eve Organic Farm & Market. The kids play area including a pedal cart track and farm animals, will be open for your enjoyment. Enjoy a scrumptious and healthy organic lunch while your kids play and run off some energy! Then pick your own beautiful bouquet of tulips to display at home.
Photo-ops galore in our tulip field or in the special show garden designed by co-owner Keriann Koeman.
2015 Weekend Schedule of Events
May 2nd & 3rd: Baby Animal Weekend and Tulips Too!
- The U-pick tulip fields' early bloomers will welcome you. Check the bloom report to confirm if mother nature agrees.
- Meet and pet baby chicks, a lamb and bunny that live on the farm.
- Children’s play area with pedal cart track will keep the little ones entertained.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from Garden of Eve’s organic café with Menu choices including organic tulip petals!
- Tip Toe through the tulips with Mom and personally pick a very special mother's day bouquet or purchase one handpicked with love by the Tulip Man.
- Special Mother's Day Brunch Menu with table service
- Free Flower for Moms and free garden consultation service
- Shop hundreds of varieties of organic herb and vegetable plants, fruits, flowers and more.
- Hayrides on the farm and children's play area and friendly farm animals will keep the little ones entertained.
May 16th & 17th:The 5th Annual Organic Tulip Festival: Celebrate spring in a sea of colorful tulips, free workshops, hayrides and more!
- 11:00-11:30am:Tulip Talk & Koppie Doen with Tulip Man Jeroen Koeman. Bring your tulip questions while enjoying a cup of coffee on us (while supplies last) for a a relaxed and informative talk on tulips, their history, growing tips and more. Koppie Doen is a tradition in dutch farming culture and means "Coffee Time".
- 12:00-12:30 pm:Tulip Salad demo & tulip petal taste test
- 1:30-2:30 pm:How to Grow Tulip Hydroponically. Led by the Tulipman,includes instructions and materials.
- 3:15-4:00 pm:Backyard Bee Keeping
- Hayrides,children's play area and friendly farm animals will keep the little ones entertained.
May 23rd & 24th :TulipMania's Last weekend: Don't miss our gorgeous single late tulips aka French Tulips. They are super tall and absolutely breathtaking.
Alternative Festival in Virginia:
- EcoTulips Organic Tulip Festival moved to New York but you can still see tulips in Virginia. Visit Burnside Farms festival of spring. Dates & directions are posted on their site.
Easter Egg Hunts in/near Madison Virginia