2015 Events in Riverhead New York
*Scroll to the bottom for alternative festival and events in Virginia
The U-pick field will be open 7 days a week from April 25th-May 22nd. Check the bloom report to make sure the fields are in bloom before making the trip.
It will be held at The Garden of Eve Organic Market. Whose kids play area including a pedal cart track and farm animals, will be open for your enjoyment. Enjoy a scrumptious and healthy organic lunch while your kids play and run off some energy! Then pick your own beautiful bouquet of tulips to display at home.
Photo-ops galore in our tulip field or in the special show garden designed by co-owner Keriann Koeman.
Weekend Schedule of Events
April 25th & 26th: TulipMania begins with special farm event "Chickapalooza"; a festival for backyard homesteaders and their families from all over Long Island, celebrating spring and Earth Day on the Farm.
- The U-Pick tulip fields grand opening (check the bloom report)
- Keeping Backyard chickens workshop (free). Everything you need to start will be available for purchase including chicks.
- Hourly Chicken Tours of Garden of Eve's 1,500-bird pastured laying flock.
- "Making Colorful Combinations" and "Fairy Gardening" workshops (materials fee)
- Shop with Vendors of sustainable, locally made products
- Hayrides, children's play area, friendly farm animals
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from the Garden of Eve market with menu choices including organic tulip petals.
May 2nd & 3rd: 5th Annual Organic Tulip Festival: Celebrate spring in a sea of colorful tulips, free workshops, hayrides and more!
- 11:00-11:30am:Tulip Talk & Koppie Doen with Tulip Man Jeroen Koeman. Bring your tulip questions while enjoying a cup of coffee on us (while supplies last) for a a relaxed and informative talk on tulips, their history, growing tips and more. Koppie Doen is a tradition in dutch farming culture and means "Coffee Time".
- 12:00-12:30 pm:Tulip Salad demo & tulip petal taste test
- 1:30-2:30 pm:How to Grow Tulip Hydroponically. Led by the Tulipman,includes instructions and materials.
- 3:15-4:00 pm:Backyard Bee Keeping
- Hayrides,children's play area and friendly farm animals will keep the little ones entertained.
May 9th & 10th, Mother's Day Tulip Extravaganza
- Tip Toe through the tulips with Mom and personally pick a very special mother's day bouquet or purchase one handpicked with love by the Tulip Man.
- Special Mother's Day Brunch Menu with table service
- Free Flower for Moms and free garden consultation service
- Shop hundreds of varieties of organic herb and vegetable plants, fruits, flowers and more.
- Hayrides on the farm and children's play area and friendly farm animals will keep the little ones entertained.
Alternative Festival in Virginia:
- EcoTulips Organic Tulips Festival moved to New York but you can still see tulips in Virginia. Visit Burnside Farms festival of spring. Dates & directions are posted on their site.
Easter Egg Hunts in/near Madison Virginia